With a lot of new emerging diseases and viruses, modern people are understanding that sport might be a key to their health in the future. Some persons choose the active sport, while others prefer yoga or various home exercises. While the last do not really require any special equipment, there is one thing that one would certainly need while practicing their yoga, stretching, or body flex. This vital piece of equipment is a gym mat.
Since certain kinds of sports are mainly performed on the floor, the gym mat becomes your best friend when performing those activities. It protects your body from hard surfaces and unnecessary traumas, it ensures certain hygiene, it helps you keep the right balance, and feel comfortable and protected. To make sure that a gym mat becomes your best friend, you need to choose the right one, though.
How to choose a perfect gym mat?
As the gym mat ensures your safety during sports activities, it is necessary to pay all necessary attention to choosing this piece of equipment. Of course, the ratings of other athletes and their reviews could help you make a good choice; however, you still need to pay attention to certain parameters when choosing your ideal mat.
- The mat’s thickness. Of course, the thickness of the mat would depend on the type of sport that you practice. If you are an experienced yoga athlete, you can choose the thinnest mat and it will serve you well. However, for most people, it is necessary to choose a mat that is not too thick and not too thin. The range from 4mm to 8mm will become a perfect choice for most athletes.
- The material. When choosing an exercise mat, you need to make sure that the material its made of is not going to harm your health. There are typically three types of mats that you could consider.
- Foam core with a vinyl cover. Those mats are user-friendly, it is easy to clean them and use them again.
- Thermoplastic elastomer. The mats made from this material are eco-friendly with the potential to be recycled. They are also steady, comfortable, and soft.
- EVA Foam. These mats feature a good price, but they are very comfortable. However, make sure that you are using these mats carefully – they are not designed to resist hard surfaces, and one day you may find your mat destroyed by your trainers.
- The size. This is also an important characteristic to look at when choosing your exercise mat. Ideally, the mat should be 10-15 cm longer than your height to make sure that you can comfortably use it. Also, make sure that the mat can be assembled compactly so that you could comfortably store it at home when not exercising.
- Slip-resistance. Since a mat is also a safety provider, you need to make sure that it is “glued” to the floor when you are exercising. A good mat cannot be slipping on the floor, since this might bring certain difficulties when training.
- Your comfort. Last, but not least, you need to make sure that you feel comfortable when using this mat. Test in before the purchase – is it soft enough? Don’t your knees or elbows hurt while using the mat? Does the material feel good?
Even with the checklist, it might be tough to find an ideal exercise mat for you. There are many offerings available in the market right now, and most of them seem to be good deals. Let’s take a look at a few products that seem to be quite good exercise mats.
ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise Mat
This mat consists of 6 smaller tiles that you need to assemble together. This means that the size of the mat is flexible and you can adjust it for different purposes. The size of one tile is around 60 cm, if you assemble all six tiles together, you will get enough big, comfortable mat even for a tall person.
This mat is made from EVA Foam, which makes it comfortable and soft. It is 1.27 cm thick, which ensures that you will feel comfortable even when using the mat on the hardest surfaces. The producers promise that despite the thickness, the quality of the material will allow you to easily keep balance when using the mat. The material is slip-resistant, which provides perfect safety.
The mat is also easy to wash. You only need to apply a combination of warm water and any dishwashing agent with a soft towel and gently rub the mat until it gets clean. You could even wash your mat in a washing machine, but using a rather mild regime.
The ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise Mat does not contain any toxic materials, which makes it a perfect choice for children or people suffering from allergies. This is definitely a great alternative to rubber floor mats. Its water- and noise-resistance qualities make it a perfect mat for gyms, home fitness rooms, and even children’s play areas.
Innhom Exercise Mat
This mat also consists of high-quality Eva Foam floor tiles that ensure long-lasting and reliable performance. Each tile is 60 cm square; the package contains 6 black and 6 blue pieces, which you can also assemble and disassemble to your needs. The availability of many tiles in the package enables you to make one bigger mat or even a few smaller ones. The size is fully flexible.
This mat is also waterproof and easy to clean, you can also wash it using your washing machine. The Eva Foam that the tiles are made from is water-resistant, so you can simply dry it with a piece of soft cloth or a towel.
This mat is easy to assemble and disassemble, which makes it extremely portable – you could take it with you to the gym and bring it back home. Moreover, when you disassemble it, you can easily find a perfect storage space for it even in the tiny apartment.
The mat is absolutely safe and very comfortable. It was designed according to all necessary safety requirements; it is durable, long-lasting, and supporting. The surface is soft, which makes it possible for you to exercise even on the hard surfaces, not worrying about your knees and elbows. This mat is definitely one of the best-sellers on the market.
BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat
The puzzle exercise mat from BalanceFrom wins the title of the best gym mat in 2020/2021. It comes in different sizes, making the product suitable even for professional athletes and gym owners.
Featuring double-sided high-density EVA foam non-slip surfaces, this premium mat comfortably cushions spine, hips, knees, and elbows on hard floors. The mat can be easily assembled and disassembled, making it a perfect gym companion.
The BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat’s exceptional resilience makes it possible for you to keep the balance even while performing the most complicated exercises. The mat is suitable for the majority of sports that require a special exercise surface, it is universal.
The mat can be washed easily with soap and water and used multiple times. In case you do not like the mat, you can return it and get a full refund since all the BalanceFrom products come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Moreover, this mat is covered by a 2-year warranty, which makes this purchase completely safe and risk-free.
With many exercise mats available on the market, sometimes it gets complicated to choose the one, which is right for you. No matter if you are a professional athlete or just starting, you deserve to complete your exercises on the best mat available out there. The mats made from Eva Foam material are long-lasting, comfortable, cheap, and also eco-friendly. ProsourceFit Puzzle Exercise, Innhom Exercise, and BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mats are the top products available on the market nowadays. Providing ultimate comfort and safety, those mats are easy to wash and use, and they are suitable for different kinds of sport.